- Which of the following is true regarding regional elevations across North America?
- What tectonic regimes create crustal shortening?
- What happens when the crust folds?
- Which is the result of Isostasy?
- Is a state of equilibrium between two forces?
- Which part of the earth is solid?
- What is the largest of Earth’s concentric zones by volume?
- What do the island chains of Hawaii Tahiti and Tristan da Cunha have in common?
- How does Isostasy affect elevation?
- What will happen when rocks did not fold?
- Where is folding most likely to occur?
- How are folds and faults created?
- What are the most common minerals in Earth’s crust?
- What processes associated with mountain and basin formation may accompany Ocean continent convergence?
- What is the condition of equilibrium or balance in a system called Geologists often use this term to describe crustal blocks floating on the asthenosphere?
- What could cause a region to be higher in elevation than an average part of a continent?
- Why are different parts of a continent often different ages quizlet?
- Which layer of the Earth is thought to be the source of Earth’s magnetic field?
Which of the following is true regarding regional elevations across North America?